{Tot School} Family/Mommy/Baby

We are using Hubbard's Cupboard 2's Curriculum, adding in letters, shapes and colors. Emma is 27 months old.

Bible Memory:
"Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord."  Colossians 3:20

Theme:
Family/Mommies/Babies
Letter F
Shape - Heart

Literature:
  1) Mommy Hugs
  2) I Love My Mommy
  3) Five Little Ducks
  4) Mama, What's in There? - I love love love this book right now.  It is such a cute book to read to toddlers when momma is expecting..... like me!
  5) Mama, How Long Will You Love Me? - I don't recommend reading this book out loud to your babies while hormonal and pregnant.  =P 
  6) Mom and Me - beautiful early reader book showing mothers from all over the world.  Love this book!
  7) The New Baby
  8) I'm a Big Sister
  9) Best-Ever Big Sister
10) Baby on the Way - She actually sat thru this one, which made me happy.  I'm trying so hard to help her understand what is happening.  This book explains in a wonderful (and kid-friendly) way.


Language Arts:

We practiced the "F" sound with her new pink do-a-dot marker.  The girl loves pink!  I had her say "Fff" each time she dotted the paper.  She loves to do this!



Art:

We sponge painted red and yellow.  She was having so much fun with this, naming each one somebody from Sesame Street.  haha!


We fingerpainted the letter "F" - but only for a tiny short while before she requested brushes.  She does not like getting dirty.  (both this "f" paper and the upper one came from Confessions of a Homeschooler)


Social Studies:

We read Five Little Firefighters and colored firetrucks.  Then we role played!



Songs/Movement:
5 little monkeys
5 little ducks

Linking up with:
Tot School

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. Enjoyed Hubbard's Cupboard for 2s part of last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! I've always been curious about Hubbard's Cupboard, but we have not used it. I like how you included so many books in your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog and I just wanted you to know I nominated your for a Liebster Award. Here is the link: http://bugsclassroom.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find the letters that she uses with the paint dabbers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at "Confessions of a Homeschooler" - http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2010/11/letter-f-for-fish.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...